The Christensens

The Christensens

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New baby boy!




So our birth didn't go exactly as planned. Tatum was born at the hospital by ceacerian on Friday May 26th. Soon after which he was on a life flight to Primary Childrens Hospital with his daddy by his side and mommy left to recover in St. George. For the next 48 hours we were all heart broken and devistated. Since then we have hade time to cope and pull our feelings together and all we really care about is taking home our precious baby boy home. He has a cleft palat and some heart problems and he just had surgery on his esophagus and trachea to repare the trachea and put the esophagus together because the middle part wasn't there so they just connected the two ends together. His right ear didn't form fully and he only has one kidney, but he's a strong fighter and is hanging in there. He really is beautiful and has stolen all of our hearts and thrown us through the ringer!


Asher Olivia and Avaree are having a hard time with me being gone for so long but Brandon went home with his parents yesterday and the kids are so glad to have grandma and grandpa watching them during the day and daddy home at night. I miss them so much I'm in tears every time I have to say goodbye on the phone. I'm so looking forward to seeing them this weekend and I really hope they all get better soon. They've all had the flu this week and it breaks my heart to have to be so far away and not be the one comforting them and cleaning up the mess. It's hard to have to have other people taking care of all of my responsibilities. I hope everyone knows how much I love and appreciate them. I have amazing sisters and sister in-laws that have been there for my family so so much this last week. I love them so much! All of my family members and friends have sent their love and support in any ways they can even if it's just a phone call or text. I love you all so much! My brother James has been here every minute he can and I really appreciate his support. I love all of my family so much!


Thanks again for all of the love and support!

4 comments:

McKinna said...

he is beautiful Zeff! He, and your family, will DEF be in my prayers & thoughts! I hope all goes well with him & his surgeries... He is 2 sweet!
Wish I was closer to help you out- with anything you needed!!!

Blondemom said...

He is Beautiful I love his hair, what a cutie... you guys are simply amazing, I hope you are able to come home this weekend and your little son too. What a strong little spirit, if you need anything I will be happy to bring food or anything to the hospital if you need it. please call 435-862-1171. So grateful you have so much family around you and friends. What a blessing. we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

macandmegan said...

He is so dang sweet, it's amazing how fast you fall in love with them. Mac and I were talking about it- you are such a strong amazing mom. I can't imagine all of the sudden being put through a whirlwind like that but
you just fight through it. Your kids are so so lucky to have you guys!!! Please please let us know if we can help in ANY way :). Love you guys

Forevermccanns said...

You are all so brave! Little Tate is absolutely beautiful! What a miracle! Alan and I are thinking of you all and praying for Tate each day! Please know how much we love you! We miss you!

Alan and Tisha Andrews