The Christensens

The Christensens

Wednesday, December 24, 2008







We went to Beaver for our family Christmas party with Brandon's family, and the kids had a really good time. We all did, but especially the kids. The whole weekend was centered around the kids and doing things that they would like to do, and for the first time in a long time, Brandon and I didn't have a complaint about one of our kids. It was so nice to just enjoy them and not feel burdened by them when we're trying to get stuff done or play an adult game. We had a blast and I realized that I need to be centering my activities around my kids and do more things that they would like to do instead of trying so hard to have my own life. My life is my kids and I am just realizing how much I really love that! The kids really enjoyed sledding down the snow hill with dad, and eventually on their own. We made ginger bread houses and had a contest with the other families and Asher was so proud that our family won the contest! The kids made all of the decorations for the Christmas tree and got to see Santa. Asher is still so innocent this year! He thought that since Santa gave him a ninja turtle at the party that Christmas was done and he was totally okay with that. He was happy with one small toy! We are being really simple for Christmas this year and I am glad to know there is no expectancy level for my kids! They will have fun with whatever they get! They were so excited at my family party that they got pajamas! Christmas is such a great thing when you're so young! It still is, but I miss the excitement and pure thrill of seeing it all through an innocent child's perspective. I can't wait to see the looks on their faces tomorrow morning when it is Christmas day! It'll be good!



No comments: